National Institute Of Materials Physics - Romania
Catalytic Materials and Catalysis
The Catalytic Materials and Catalysis Laboratory has 6 permanent researchers: 2 CS1 (Dr. Mihaela Florea and Dr. Florentina Neațu), 1 CS2 (Dr. Ștefan Neațu), 1 CS3 (Dr. Mihaela M. Trandafir) and 2 ACS (Dr. Anca Mirea, Dr. Iuliana-Maria Chirică) and two postdocs (Dr. Mahesh Nair and Dr. Toton Haldar).
MATCA's research concerns the development of new catalytic materials and their potential uses in energy, environmental and climate change applications.
Topics addressed in MATCA group:
- Design of catalytic and photocatalytic materials (preparation and characterisation);
- Catalysis: use of synthesised materials in various catalytic processes: oxidation reactions, hydrogenation reactions, synthesis of polymers from renewable/alternative resources, depolymerisation of plastics, reduction of volatile organic compounds;
- Photocatalysis: photocatalytic conversion of CO2 and artificial photosynthesis; water splitting;
- Energy: synthesis of materials used as electrocatalysts in fuel cells;
- MAX phase/MXene - preparation, caracterization andapplications in catalysis
Published: SEP 25 2022, APPLIED CATALYSIS A-GENERAL, 646, 118860, DOI: 10.1016/j.apcata.2022.118860
Published: MAY 2022, MATERIALS, 15, 3671, DOI: 10.3390/ma15103671
Published: MAR 2022, BIOMASS CONVERSION AND BIOREFINERY, DOI: 10.1007/s13399-022-02513-1
Published: MAR 2022, JOURNAL OF MATERIALS SCIENCE-MATERIALS IN ELECTRONICS, 33, DOI: 10.1007/s10854-021-07615-6
Published: MAR 2022, NANOMATERIALS, 12, 934, DOI: 10.3390/nano12060934
You can find us here!
Copyright © 2022 National Institute of Materials Physics. All Rights Reserved