2015-2019: Ph.D. degree in Physics at University of Bucharest, Faculty of Physics /"Studies and researches on optical processes in semiconductor materials and mixtures of chemical compounds".
2013-2015: Master in Physics at University of Bucharest, Faculty of Physics /"Optical properties in low-dimensional systems: graphene-hBN core-shell nanoflakes, AlN/GaN core-shell nanowires, and PbI2 layered-structures"
2009-2013: Bachelor's degree in Chemistry at Polytechnic University of Bucharest, Faculty of Applied Chemistry and Materials Science /"Materials based on heterovalent doped barium titanate. Synthesis and characterization"
XRD-Rigaku training course at the Rigaku Europe SE Expertise Center, Germany, Neu-Isenburg, August 4-9, 2019.
EEA Grant Scholarship at Reykjavik University, Iceland, April 1-June 30, 2016.
Research in the field of: (1) optical properties and processes of inorganic semiconductors and nanocomposites based on conjugated polymers and hybrid organic-inorganic nanostructured materials; charge transfer processes in heterostructures; conduction mechanisms in semiconductor materials studied at different temperatures; (2) atomistic simulations of inorganic and organic materials (density of states, bandgap energy, optical properties, Raman and FT-IR vibrational modes; (3) XRD based studies (quantitative/qualitative analysis, reflectivity).
Skills and abilities
Materials characterization techniques: Photoluminescence (PL); Photoluminescence excitation (PLE); Photoconduction (PC); Raman spectroscopy; UV-VIS-NIR absorption spectroscopy; FT-IR absorbance; XRD.
PC operating software: Visio, Vesta, PDXL, GlobalFit, XCrysDen, WSxM, Siesta ab initio (DFT).
A. Nila, M. Baibarac, "Photoluminescence properties of layered crystals and their organic-inorganic hybrid halide composites", Photoluminescence: Advances in Research and Applications, Nova Science Publishers, 97-132 (2018), ISBN: 978-1-53613-537-4.
1. Optical, Structural, and Dielectric Properties of Composites Based on Thermoplastic Polymers of the Polyolefin and Polyurethane Type and BaTiO3 Nanoparticles
Published: FEB 2021, MATERIALS, 14, DOI: 10.3390/ma14040753
2. The Influence of the Ceramic Nanoparticles on the Thermoplastic Polymers Matrix: Their Structural, Optical, and Conductive Properties
Published: AUG 2021, POLYMERS, 13, DOI: 10.3390/polym13162773
3. Stimulated Raman scattering and defect-based photoconductivity in mixtures of CdS/TiO2
Published: DEC 14 2020, JOURNAL OF APPLIED PHYSICS, 128, DOI: 10.1063/5.0030301
4. Morphological and structural investigation of the poly(Vinyl chloride) / graphene oxide composites
Published: 2020, , DOI: 10.24193/subbchem.2020.3.19
5. MORPHOLOGICAL AND STRUCTURAL INVESTIGATION OF THE POLY(VINYL CHLORIDE)/GRAPHENE OXIDE COMPOSITES
Published: 2020, STUDIA UNIVERSITATIS BABES-BOLYAI CHEMIA, 65, 258, DOI: 10.24193/subbchem.2020.3.19
6. The influence of UV light on the azathioprine photodegradation: New evidences by photoluminescence
Published: SEP 2019, RESULTS IN PHYSICS, 14, DOI: 10.1016/j.rinp.2019.102443
7. Photoluminescence and structural properties of the nitrogen doped TiO2 and the influence of SiO2 and Ag nanoparticles
Published: SEP 18 2019, JOURNAL OF PHYSICS-CONDENSED MATTER, 31, DOI: 10.1088/1361-648X/ab2692
8. Optical properties of folic acid in phosphate buffer solutions: the influence of pH and UV irradiation on the UV-VIS absorption spectra and photoluminescence
Published: OCT 3 2019, SCIENTIFIC REPORTS, 9, DOI: 10.1038/s41598-019-50721-z
9. The exciton-phonon interaction as stimulated Raman scattering effect supported by the excitonic photoluminescence in BiI3 layered crystal structure
Published: FEB 2017, JOURNAL OF LUMINESCENCE, 182, 171, DOI: 10.1016/j.jlumin.2016.10.028
10. Exciton-phonon interactions in the Cs3Bi2I9 crystal structure revealed by Raman spectroscopic studies
Published: APR 2017, PHYSICA STATUS SOLIDI B-BASIC SOLID STATE PHYSICS, 254, DOI: 10.1002/pssb.201552805
11. Influence of single-walled carbon nanotubes enriched in semiconducting and metallic tubes on the electropolymerization of tetrabromo ortho-xylene: Insights on the synthesis mechanism of poly(ortho-phenylenevinylene)
Published: MAR 2017, EUROPEAN POLYMER JOURNAL, 88, 125, DOI: 10.1016/j.eurpolymj.2017.01.015
12. Influence of TiO2 and Si on the exciton-phonon interaction in PbI2 and CdS semiconductors evidenced by Raman spectroscopy
Published: SEP 13 2017, JOURNAL OF PHYSICS-CONDENSED MATTER, 29, DOI: 10.1088/1361-648X/aa7cb3
13. Polarized Raman spectra of phosphorene in edge and top view measuring configurations
Published: 2016, RSC ADVANCES, 6, 58009, DOI: 10.1039/c6ra09682d
14. Exciton-phonon interaction in CdS of different morphological forms manifested as stimulated Raman scattering
Published: JUN 1 2016, OPTICAL MATERIALS EXPRESS, 6, 1895, DOI: 10.1364/OME.6.001881
15. AB INITIO INVESTIGATION OF OPTICAL PROPERTIES IN TRIANGULAR GRAPHENE - BORON NITRIDE CORE-SHELL NANOSTRUCTURES
16. Textile Materials Treatment With Mixture of TiO2:N and SiO(2)Nanoparticles for Improvement of Their Self-Cleaning Properties
Published: SEP 2020 , JOURNAL OF NATURAL FIBERS, DOI: 10.1080/15440478.2020.1818349
17. Textile Materials Treatment With Mixture of TiO2:N and SiO(2)Nanoparticles for Improvement of Their Self-Cleaning Properties
Published: , JOURNAL OF NATURAL FIBERS, DOI: 10.1080/15440478.2020.1818349
Copyright © 2023 National Institute of Materials Physics. All Rights Reserved