The Central European Research Infrastructure Consortium, CERIC-ERIC is calling for proposals for coordinated access to more than 50 instruments and support laboratories for research in all fields of materials, biomaterials and nanotechnology. The call is open to researchers from all over the world. In addition to the possibility to access several instruments through a single application, we offer support for mobility.
To apply, use the link “Submit a new CERIC proposal” in our Virtual Unified Office – VUO, at https://vuo.elettra.trieste.it/
As usual, there will be two deadlines:
- March 1st 2022, at 17:00 CET, to have a pre-evaluation and the possibility to improve your proposal
- March 31st 2022, at 17:00 CET (final submission), recommended only for users that are experts in all the techniques requested.
What is new in this call?
CERIC is increasing its capacities in the field of Energy Materials. To this end, we will upgrade some beamlines/instruments during this year to improve our services. In the first step, the upgrades will address battery research. We invite users to check the instruments’ pages or contact the instruments’ scientists for forthcoming developments.
Additional Facilities available
- Soft X-ray beamline PHELIX@SOLARIS
- X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy beamline SOLABS@SOLARIS
- Scanning Transmission X-ray Microscope beamline DEMETER-STXM@SOLARIS
- A new Near Ambient Pressure Electron Spectroscopy EnviroESCA@Charles University is under commissioning and will be available in the future Call for Proposals. However, it welcomes users already in 2022 on a rolling basis for fast track access for commissioning.
CERIC continues to offer access to:
- The Ultraviolet Laser Facility of the Foundation for Research and Technology – Hellas (ULF-FORTH) in Greece
- The X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy beamline LISA@ESRF
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, some of the CERIC facilities may propose to perform measurements remotely, through sample mailing. It will be possible to express your availability for remote measurements in the proposal submission form.
For further information about the call, please visit our website at https://www.ceric-eric.eu/users/call-for-proposals/
Remember you can also apply anytime for the dedicated COVID-19 Fast Track Access, the Fast Track for commissioning and fast track for feasibility studies, on the available instruments.
Share on Twitter
Share on Linkedin