Faculty of Physics, University of Bucharest, Romania
PhD thesis: "Wide band semiconductors with applications in transparent electronics" (2013)
Scientific researcher rank II
▪ In September 2014, the applicant won the best poster presentation award at the "10th International Conference on Physics of Advanced Materials" for the work entitled "Advanced characterization of amorphous oxide semiconductor thin films by X-ray reflectivity and thermally stimulated current spectroscopy".
▪ In 2016, the „Excelence” prize from ProInvent Exhibition of Inventions – XIV edition
▪ In 2018, „Ștefan Procopiu” prize from Romanian Academy (https://acad.ro/premiileAR/liste/2016.pdf);
▪ In 2019, „Young Researchers in Science and Engineering” offered by Dr. Rada Mihalcea and Cluj-Napoca City Hall (https://primariaclujnapoca.ro/evenimente/tinerii-cercetatori-premiul-pentru-stiinta-si-inginerie/).
- Transport phenomena in semiconductors
- Halide perovskite materials and its applications
I work in the field of electronic and optoelectronic devices fabrication since 2008 and was member in the research team of more than 16 national and international scientific projects.
I have expertise in:
- Synthesis of thin films by magnetron sputtering;
- Characterization of thin film structures: structural (X-ray diffraction, X-ray reflectometry), morphological (atomic force microscope), optical (UV-Vis-IR spectroscopy), and electrical (resistivity/conductivity, Hall effect, dielectric spectroscopy);
- Fabrication of electronic and optoelectronic devices in clean room conditions and their functional characterization: photovoltaic cells, metal-insulator-metal (MIM) structures, metal-insulator-semiconductor (MIS) structures, and thin film field effect transistors (TFT).
Demonstrated leadership capacities of research project coordination and budget administration; Project leader of:
▪ PN-II-RU-TE-2014-4-1122 „Field effect transistors based on new transparent heterostructures synthesized at low temperatures” project
▪ PN-III-P1-1.1-PD-2016-1546 “Lead-free halide perovskite photo-transistors as first step towards hybrid lead-free OLETs for next generation displays” project
▪ PN-III-P1-1.1-TE-2019-0688 “ High quality HZO and AlN films grown by industrially compatible techniques for next generation electronic and sensing devices”
▪ patent BNP No. RO132504-A2 /A00747/01-01-2016; “Piroelectric detection element for work at high temperatures”
▪ patent BND No. A00427/15.07.2019; “ Antena planara de microunde cu geometrie noua a suprafetei radiante”
▪ patent BNA No. A00364/2018; “ Strat mezoporos pentru celule solare pe bază de perovskiți și metoda de obținere”
▪ patent BNP No. A00439/2018; “ Procedeu de obținere a unui fotodetector pe bază de matrici de nanofire miez-coajă de tip oxid de cupru și oxid de zinc preparate pe electrozi metalici interdigitați”
▪ patent BNA No. A00195/2017; “ Printer for successive deposition of ultra-thin layers of different physical-chemical properties”;
▪ patent BND No. A00633/12.10.2020, “ Procedeu de realizare a unui implant endoosos cu activitate antimicrobiana extinsa, conditionata ca intensitate si durata prin grosimea stratului bioresorbabil de acoperire din sticla fosfatica cosubstituita”;
▪ patent BND No. A00632/12.10.2020, “ Foto-tranzistor in strat subtire, pe baza de perovskite halogenati fara plumb, avand dioda ionica in rol de poarta si metoda de obtinere”;
▪ patent US No. US 10.902.914 B2/ 01.26.2021, “Programmable resistive memory element and a method of making the same”.
Dr. Cristina BEȘLEAGĂ STAN, Scientific researcher rank II (since 2019), born in 1986, graduated the Faculty of Physics – Section “Medical Physics” at University of Bucharest (UB-FF) (2007), has a MSc degree in Solid-State Physics (UB-FF) (2010), and a PhD degree in Solid-State Physics (UB-FF) (2013).
Work experience: National Institute of Materials Physics (NIMP) (2012 – to date); work stages at the University Nova de Lisboa– Portugal; University of Oslo – Norway; ARPES facility – Swiss; CVD/ALD AnnealSys company – France.
Main areas of interest/expertise: physical vapor deposition processes; fabrication and comprehensive characterization of optoelectronic and micro-electronic devices (diodes, MIM, MIS, TFT, MEM).
Publications (last updated November 2022): 49 articles published in Web of Science® (WoS) journals with impact factor (e.g., Appl Surf Sci, J Phys Chem Lett, Nanomaterials, Sol Energy, J Mater Chem C); Hirsch index (WoS): 17; Citations (without self-citations): 788.
Awards: third prize „Young Researchers in Science and Engineering” offered by Dr. Rada Mihalcea and Cluj-Napoca City Hall (2019); the „Excelence” prize and gold medal from Pro Invent Exhibition, Cluj-Napoca, XVII edition (2019); „ Ștefan Procopiu” Romanian Academy award for contributions made in the field of photovoltaics (2018); Gold medal from EUROINVENT, Iași (2018); the „Excelence” prize and gold medal from „Ștefan cel Mare” University (2018); the „Excelence” prize from Pro Invent Exhibition, Cluj-Napoca, XIV edition (2016); the best poster presentation award at the "10th International Conference on Physics of Advanced Materials" for the work entitled "Advanced characterization of amorphous oxide semiconductor thin films by X-ray reflectivity and thermally stimulated current spectroscopy (2014).
Scientific reviewer to topical WoS-indexed journals such as: Electron Lett; IEEE Electron Dev Lett; Nanomaterials; IEEE Trans Electron Dev; IEEE J Electron Dev Soc; Thin Solid Films.
Patents: 5 awarded patents: US 11.386.953-B2/2021; RO134819-B1/2022; RO132815-B1/2020; RO132595-B1/2019; RO132082-B1/2019.
Coordinated projects: 4 national projects: PN-II-RU-TE-2014-4-1122 „Field effect transistors based on new transparent heterostructures synthesized at low temperatures” (2015 – 2017); PN-III-P1-1.1-PD-2016-1546 “ Lead-free halide perovskite photo-transistors as first step towards hybrid lead-free OLETs for next generation displays” (2018 – 2020); PN-III-P1-1.1-TE-2019-0688 “ High quality HZO and AlN films grown by industrially compatible techniques for next generation electronic and sensing devices” (2020 – 2022); and one as NIMP Responsible: PN-III-P2-2.1-PTE-2021-0150 “Nanostructurated coating technology for self-cleaning and antibacterial windows” (2022-2024).
1. High quality HZO and AlN films grown by industrially compatible techniques for next generation electronic and sensing devices
Project Type: TE, Start Date: 2020-09-14 End Date: 2022-11-30
2. Lead-free halide perovskite photo-transistors as first step towards hybrid lead-free OLETs for next generation displays
Project Type: PD, Start Date: 2018-05-02 End Date: 2020-04-30
3. Field effect transistors based on new transparent heterostructures synthesized at low temperatures (TRANSTEC)
Project Type: TE, Start Date: 2015-10-01 End Date: 2017-09-30
1. Self-connected CuO-ZnO radial core-shell heterojunction nanowire arrays grown on interdigitated electrodes for visible-light photodetectors
Published: APR 27 2022, SCIENTIFIC REPORTS, 12, 6834, DOI: 10.1038/s41598-022-10879-5
2. Sr and Mg Doped Bi-Phasic Calcium Phosphate Macroporous Bone Graft Substitutes Fabricated by Robocasting: A Structural and Cytocompatibility Assessment
Published: SEP 2022, JOURNAL OF FUNCTIONAL BIOMATERIALS, 13, 123, DOI: 10.3390/jfb13030123
3. Enhancing stability of hybrid perovskite solar cells by imidazolium incorporation
Published: AUG 1 2021, SOLAR ENERGY MATERIALS AND SOLAR CELLS, 227, DOI: 10.1016/j.solmat.2021.111096
4. The Behavior of Gold Metallized AlN/Si- and AlN/Glass-Based SAW Structures as Temperature Sensors
Published: MAY 2021, IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON ULTRASONICS FERROELECTRICS AND FREQUENCY CONTROL, 68, 1948, DOI: 10.1109/TUFFC.2020.3037789
5. Bistability of the BiOi complex and its implications on evaluating the "acceptor removal"process in p-type silicon
Published: NOV 21 2021, NUCLEAR INSTRUMENTS & METHODS IN PHYSICS RESEARCH SECTION A-ACCELERATORS SPECTROMETERS DETECTORS AND ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT, 1017, DOI: 10.1016/j.nima.2021.165809
7. Influence of doping the inorganic cation with Eu or Sb on the properties of perovskite films
Published: JUL 2020, PHYSICA SCRIPTA, 95, DOI: 10.1088/1402-4896/ab90be
8. Reticulated Mesoporous TiO2 Scaffold, Fabricated by Spray Coating, for Large-Area Perovskite Solar Cells
Published: JAN 2020, ENERGY TECHNOLOGY, 8, DOI: 10.1002/ente.201900922
9. Analog IGZO Memristor With Extended Capabilities
Published: 2020, IEEE JOURNAL OF THE ELECTRON DEVICES SOCIETY, 8, 700, DOI: 10.1109/JEDS.2020.3006000
10. The Beneficial Mechanical and Biological Outcomes of Thin Copper-Gallium Doped Silica-Rich Bio-Active Glass Implant-Type Coatings
Published: NOV 2020, COATINGS, 10, DOI: 10.3390/coatings10111119
11. Ferroelectric Field Effect Transistors Based on PZT and IGZO
Published: 2019, IEEE JOURNAL OF THE ELECTRON DEVICES SOCIETY, 7, 275, DOI: 10.1109/JEDS.2019.2895367
12. The hysteresis-free behavior of perovskite solar cells from the perspective of the measurement conditions
Published: MAY 14 2019, JOURNAL OF MATERIALS CHEMISTRY C, 7, 5274, DOI: 10.1039/c8tc05999c
13. New bio-active, antimicrobial and adherent coatings of nanostructured carbon double-reinforced with silver and silicon by Matrix-Assisted Pulsed Laser Evaporation for medical applications
Published: MAY 31 2018, APPLIED SURFACE SCIENCE, 441, 883, DOI: 10.1016/j.apsusc.2018.02.047
14. The Influence of the Relaxation Time on the Dynamic Hysteresis in Perovskite Solar Cells
Published: 2018, MATHEMATICAL MODELING AND COMPUTATIONAL PHYSICS 2017 (MMCP 2017), 173, DOI: 10.1051/epjconf/201817303017
15. How measurement protocols influence the dynamic J-V characteristics of perovskite solar cells: Theory and experiment
Published: OCT 2018, SOLAR ENERGY, 173, 983, DOI: 10.1016/j.solener.2018.08.033
16. Enhanced near-infrared response of a silicon solar cell by using an up-conversion phosphor film of Yb/Er - co-doped CeO2
Published: SEP 1 2018, SOLAR ENERGY, 171, 46, DOI: 10.1016/j.solener.2018.06.057
17. Normal and Inverted Hysteresis in Perovskite Solar Cells
Published: JUN 1 2017, JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY C, 121, 11214, DOI: 10.1021/acs.jpcc.7b04248
18. Dynamic electrical behavior of halide perovskite based solar cells
Published: JAN 2017, SOLAR ENERGY MATERIALS AND SOLAR CELLS, 159, 203, DOI: 10.1016/j.solmat.2016.09.012
19. Characterization of PLD grown WO3 thin films for gas sensing
Published: SEP 30 2017, APPLIED SURFACE SCIENCE, 417, 223, DOI: 10.1016/j.apsusc.2017.03.212
20. Characterization of MAPLE deposited WO3 thin films for electrochromic applications
Published: 2017, INERA WORKSHOP 2016: MEMBRANE AND LIQUID CRYSTAL NANOSTRUCTURES (MELINA 2016), 780, DOI: 10.1088/1742-6596/780/1/012013
21. Comparative physical, chemical and biological assessment of simple and titanium-doped ovine dentine-derived hydroxyapatite coatings fabricated by pulsed laser deposition
Published: AUG 15 2017, APPLIED SURFACE SCIENCE, 413, 139, DOI: 10.1016/j.apsusc.2017.04.025
22. Mechanical, Corrosion and Biological Properties of Room-Temperature Sputtered Aluminum Nitride Films with Dissimilar Nanostructure
Published: NOV 2017, NANOMATERIALS, 7, DOI: 10.3390/nano7110394
24. Submicrometer Hollow Bioglass Cones Deposited by Radio Frequency Magnetron Sputtering: Formation Mechanism, Properties, and Prospective Biomedical Applications
Published: FEB 24 2016, ACS APPLIED MATERIALS & INTERFACES, 8, 4367, DOI: 10.1021/acsami.6b00606
25. Fabrication of periodical surface structures by picosecond laser irradiation of carbon thin films: transformation of amorphous carbon in nanographite
Published: DEC 30 2016, APPLIED SURFACE SCIENCE, 390, 243, DOI: 10.1016/j.apsusc.2016.08.029
26. Fabrication of antimicrobial silver-doped carbon structures by combinatorial pulsed laser deposition
Published: DEC 30 2016, INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PHARMACEUTICS, 515, 606, DOI: 10.1016/j.ijpharm.2016.10.041
27. Combinatorial MAPLE deposition of antimicrobial orthopedic maps fabricated from chitosan and biomimetic apatite powders
Published: SEP 10 2016, INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PHARMACEUTICS, 511, 515, DOI: 10.1016/j.ijpharm.2016.07.015
28. Iodine Migration and Degradation of Perovskite Solar Cells Enhanced by Metallic Electrodes
Published: DEC 15 2016, JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY LETTERS, 7, 5175, DOI: 10.1021/acs.jpclett.6b02375
29. Transparent field-effect transistors based on AlN-gate dielectric and IGZO-channel semiconductor
Published: AUG 30 2016, APPLIED SURFACE SCIENCE, 379, 276, DOI: 10.1016/j.apsusc.2016.04.083
31. Physical properties of AlxIn1-xN thin film alloys sputtered at low temperature
Published: OCT 21 2014, JOURNAL OF APPLIED PHYSICS, 116, DOI: 10.1063/1.4898565
32. InN Based Water Condensation Sensors on Glass and Flexible Plastic Substrates
Published: DEC 2013, SENSORS, 13, 16949, DOI: 10.3390/s131216940
33. Double layer structure of ZnO thin films deposited by RF-magnetron sputtering on glass substrate
Published: SEP 1 2012, APPLIED SURFACE SCIENCE, 258, 8824, DOI: 10.1016/j.apsusc.2012.05.097
34. Transparent indium zinc oxide thin films used in photovoltaic cells based on polymer blends
Published: SEP 1 2012, THIN SOLID FILMS, 520, 6806, DOI: 10.1016/j.tsf.2012.07.030
35. High quality amorphous indium zinc oxide thin films synthesized by pulsed laser deposition
Published: DEC 1 2011, THIN SOLID FILMS, 520, 1277, DOI: 10.1016/j.tsf.2011.04.196
36. The Influence of Magnetron Sputtering Conditions on the Physical Properties of (001) Oriented Nanostructured ZnO Thin Films
Published: 2011, PHYSICS CONFERENCE (TIM-10), 1387, DOI: 10.1063/1.3647074
Copyright © 2023 National Institute of Materials Physics. All Rights Reserved